Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

We had a good Father's Day weekend here at the Money Pit.  My parents came into town and we didn't make them do a single thing the entire time.  They know we'll make up for it the next time they visit (I'm thinking sidewalk and retaining wall!). 

While there was no house work, we did do a lot.  We started off by visiting the Habitat ReStore.  They found some pretty cool sinks for the River House as well as a couple cottage/rustic mirrors that used to hang in the L.L. Bean store that just closed.  I look forward to seeing them installed (even if it is a long time from now). 

We found some 6 panel doors that will fit in our bedrooms.  We still need three more to complete the main level so I'll be sure to keep an eye out.  I also found a couple vintage end tables that I'm going to try to fix up, paint, and hopefully sell.  If it works, maybe I'll have a new way to make some money on the side!

Then we went to the Swinetastic BBQ Festival in Frederick with our friends James and Michelle (and Emma and Jack).  The kids all seemed to have a good time. 

With my parents here, we actually sat out on the deck a lot more than when it's just the three of us.  It also helped that it was much cooler at night than it's been here lately.  Today is another hot/humid day in the mid-80s. 

Samantha and I had some fun this week (of course!).  We went swimming at a friend's house and all Samantha wanted to do was jump (i.e. walk) into the water over and over and over again.  My arms were a little sore the next day!

We also went to the concert at the lakefront again.  It may be the last one we can attend this summer so I'm glad we made it. 

On the day of the big storms/tornado, we went outside to play with some homemade chalk paint in between storms.  Samantha had a lot of fun with it.  And she always looks so serious when she's concentrating.

 
 






And while painting, I finally caught some of her babble/laughing on camera.  She must think she's pretty funny although nobody else knows what she's saying!



She still loves necklaces - and many of them at once!


Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment