Monday, September 26, 2011

Building Permit Time…Again!

I’ve been slacking a little bit on posting the last couple weeks. Most of the work we’ve been doing has been to finish the TV room (formerly the den). It started with the installation of the new door. Once that was installed we were able to fix the drywall issues. Chris then painted the wall and installed all the trim. Now it looks great! I didn’t get to take a great “after” picture yet so I’ll be sure to post that next week.

To actually use the TV room we needed furniture. We ended up purchasing a couch and chaise lounge from craigslist and bought a TV stand from IKEA. I admit that I’m a big dork when it comes to following directions. I thoroughly enjoyed putting together the stand one night. I was so excited to get started that I chose a poor spot to do the assembly so didn’t have much room to maneuver. And yes, I count all the parts before I start…feel free to make fun of me.





We did have a couple accidents while installing trim in the TV room. The worst was when Chris was using the nail gun to install trim on a corner. He moved his finger so that it wouldn’t be in the line of fire while still holding the trim in place. Unfortunately, the nail bent when it went into the trim and ended up going through his finger and fingernail. I came into the room to see the blood splatter aftermath.


Sorry…on to more pleasant things. We are less than two weeks away from starting the demolition of our bathroom and closet. Our plan is to turn the current bathroom and a useless hall walk-in closet into two bathrooms. Because we’re dealing with a rather small space it took us awhile to figure out how to make it all work. Below are the current and planned layouts.


I got the building permit on Friday and we still need to send in the paperwork for the plumbing permit before we start that work in a couple weeks. Demolition starts on October 6…wish us luck!

Oh and I thought I’d leave you with another pregnant picture – here’s a comparison of me from 8 weeks to 20 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. oh, just heard the news!! Congratulations! We're also expecting again and i'm about 23 weeks along! Good luck and hope everything continues to go well! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete