Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Weekend of "Re"s

We had a great week here.  I got to go to a Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS) meeting with my friend, Diane.  It was a lot of fun (we may have had to perform a "synchronized swimming" routine) and I got to meet some of the people I would be seeing at the Relay for Life on Friday. 

Samantha and I were busy during the week.  My mom's group put together "I Spy" books and we had a play date to exchange.  I made a woodland scene which turned out pretty good (especially since I drew it all in PowerPoint).


We also got to enjoy a nice concert at the lakefront.  Each Wednesday through May and June they put on free concerts at lunch time.  It is a great place to take kids - they love the music and running around.  We will be going to every one we can!

Chris and I had a date night on Tuesday for a wine event at Friends and Farms (where we get our weekly food basket).  It was great!  They taught us the proper tasting techniques and then had four flights (two wines each) with a small plate of food.  We had our neighbor watch Samantha and she did really well so we'll be taking advantage of that again in the future!

I participated in the Relay for Life on Friday night.  I walked for two hours and had a good time.  They had to move the venue that day due to a bomb threat.  For a change that large they did a great job.  We wore "SuperMom" capes while we walked the track.


Saturday morning was exciting with the opening of our new Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  We spent a while there and walked away with some great stuff (the highlight for Chris was the $5 Kennedy tool box).

The rest of the weekend was spent working on small projects - nothing worth writing about.  During the week though I noticed how neglected our windows have become.  Samantha stands at the front window at least twice a day (when Daddy is leaving and coming home).  There are a TON of finger prints all over it.  The sun was shining just right that I was so embarrassed that I had to clean it. 


Once I started cleaning, there wasn't much to stop me from cleaning and organizing more of the house - it needed it!  Hopefully we can keep it in better shape.

I'll leave you with a picture of Samantha with her "bling" from the dollar store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment