Monday, September 16, 2013

Big Sister, Art, and Injuries

The first thing we want to share is that Samantha will be a big sister!  My due date is March 28, 2014.  This is part of the reason we haven't done much lately - I've been too exhausted!


Chris had very good intentions to work hard on the porch railing this weekend.  He started Saturday morning but after about half an hour, he gouged his hand with a chisel.  So instead we spent a couple hours at the urgent care place.  He ended up with 3 stitches and has to leave them in for 10 days.  He was able to complete some of the cutting and routing even with his hand bandaged but there's still more to go.

I do want to share the progress my parents made on the River House this week - it's very impressive!  They both took a week's vacation and had a lot of help - my brother, uncle, cousin, etc.  They started the week with the foundation and one beam (not shown) in place.


They added the floor, walls, another floor, and roof.  Here are the progress pictures they sent me throughout the week:







They still have a long way to go but they really flew through this framing job.  I really hope some of our projects start going this well!

Of course we had some fun this week as well.  I went to a "Wine and Canvas" event (don't worry - I drank water) at a local restaurant.  Each person gets a canvas, paint, and brushes and a local artist walks you through a particular painting.  It's so neat to see how each person has such a different painting when the evening is through.  It was a lot of fun!  Here's my rendition of "Flower Blast."


I also went to my first official Mothers of Preschoolers meeting.  The MOPS group was very welcoming and I will enjoy going each month. 

Some fun things that Samantha and I did this week were a few play dates - one at an indoor playground store, one outside with water (on the 96°F day), and one at an inflatable play place.  I'm really appreciating all these free events!

After church on Sunday, we went to breakfast with Kate and Corbin.  It was a nice change to our Sunday routine.

This week I plan on ordering our retaining wall block so that we can finally get some landscaping installed - it'll make a huge difference in the look of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment