Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Eating, Friday Shopping, Light-Up Nighting, and Baby Showering

We’ve had a very busy week! I spent the first part of the week working from home. On Monday we had a “Quick” Energy Audit. This basically meant that they told us the same things they told us in the first one but this time they gave us CFL bulbs, water line insulation, shower heads, and faucet aerators.

On Tuesday, I had my 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. I was so hungry when I got out of there! The worst part about the test is that they have to stick you 4 times to draw all the blood they need – I ended up with quite a few bruises. I just learned that I passed all 4 samples so I don’t have gestational diabetes – yay!

We took vacation on Wednesday and drove to Chris’ parents’ house. We got to meet our new nephew Zach – what a cutie! I was even able to snap a picture of Chris feeding him…


We really enjoyed the time spent with family this weekend. We stayed with Chris’ family until after their Thanksgiving dinner and then headed to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving with my family. So we double dipped and we’re both a bit heavier today because of it!

On Friday morning, my mom and I went shopping for Black Friday. I was able to finish almost all of my Christmas shopping and got Chris’ birthday present too.

Friday night was the big “Light Up Night” in my hometown so we went out to dinner and then to see the parade on Main Street. My high school alma mater was playing in the championship game the following day so of course the band and football players were all there. Towards the end of the parade they always have the manger scene – Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, shepherds, sheep, wise men, and camels. And of course the Grinch is always the “pooper scooper!”

My mom threw me a baby shower on Saturday – she did such a wonderful job! Everyone had a good time. My mom used my old monkey collection to decorate – and the cake matched the invitations too. We ended up getting a lot of really nice presents – our family and friends are too generous!



So after a busy Thanksgiving weekend, we got back to Maryland with enough time to put up more tile in the bathroom. We should be able to start on the fancy tile tomorrow night.


One more thing – Chris finally received his prize and score sheets in the mail from the beer competition.
The overall impression comments were great:

“Excellent beer. This was a real treat to drink.”
“A very nice and complex beer, with rich flavor notes. Wow!”
“Absolutely excellent beer! Thank you!”


Hopefully he’ll continue to improve and maybe next time he’ll win some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment