Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween, Bar Mitzvah, and Retaining Wall

I know I didn't post last week - there wasn't much to share (I didn't take many photos!).  We had guests last week - my mom, aunt, and cousin's son.  Little Jackson is such a cutie and Samantha treated him well - always giving him toys, his water bottle, etc.  I think she's going to make a great big sister!

We got a lot of materials delivered recently.  This will cover the retaining wall in the front and the large patio we'll be putting out back.  Unfortunately, these pallets are going to be here for awhile.


Chris was able to start on the retaining wall in the front of the house.  The hard part is that we need to step it up to match the contour of the yard.  It was getting a little dark so there are only two layers installed for now.  Once we have this wall complete then we can finish installing the landscaping (which is also sitting in our driveway). 


While my mom was here, I hoped to get a lot done on the house while I had a built in babysitter but the only thing I accomplished was making some curtains for the bathroom (so nobody can see us shower anymore!).  It's not too bad for my first try!


Samantha really enjoyed Halloween.  We went to many houses in the neighborhood and she would run up to get her candy (which Chris and I have been enjoying).  She makes a pretty cute pink poodle!


We went to our first Bar Mitzvah this weekend for our next door neighbor.  He did such a good job with the ceremony.  Samantha had a great time - lots of dancing and calling Chris' yarmulke a "hat." 



Of course we've been having some fun at home.  Samantha has become a very good "artist" and enjoys painting, coloring, and stickers.


She is still attached to her bear, BoBo.  I hope we never lose this guy!


Ride on toys are still a big hit as well!


And finally, we've had some very beautiful sunsets lately.  We try to enjoy them when we can.


Hopefully we'll be able to get a lot of retaining wall installed this week so we can finish the landscaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment