Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day Fun!

We didn't get much house work completed but we had a lot of fun activities this weekend.  I went on a nice hike with some women from my book club - the weather was perfect!  Once I got home, we went to the Inter-Center Homebrew Competition Judging - good beer and food!  I had another book club event on Sunday with a brunch. 



The week was busy as I had two full days of training again.  Samantha had a good time with her friends while I was away.  Although we did learn that she is a little hoarder - and doesn't like to share!  She took all of Alex's toys and put them in the corner of the room.  Then she sat down in front of them so that he couldn't play with them.  Fortunately, Alex didn't care but it shows that I have a lot of work to teach her about sharing!

I took Samantha to the Maryland Science Center with some other moms during the week.  She had so much fun!  There is a great area just for young children and she took full advantage of everything. 

Now that the weather is getting nice, we have been spending a lot more time outside.  Samantha has enjoyed picking the "flowers" from the yard (dandelions, wild violets, etc.).  And she really likes rocks too - putting them in her little purple bucket (the same one that she wears on her head).
   

Speaking of the purple bucket, it has become a fashion in head wear for the whole family (although I don't think I want to share those pictures) so here's one of just the cutest member.


Yesterday, Samantha and I had some fun for Earth Day.  Here's the list of the activities for the day:
1.  "Earth" pancake for breakfast (green pancake with blueberries)
2.  Sensory play with sunflower seeds
3.  Planting sunflowers
4.  Berenstain Bear's Don't Pollute!
5.  Removing invasive species in yard (dandelions!)
6.  Nature walk
7.  Coloring the Earth





We have a lot going on this week so we may not get much done on the house again - welcome to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment