Monday, September 22, 2014

Homebrew and Homemaker

The big news this week is that I turned in my notice that I will be quitting my job at NASA.  I've been working there for 12 years and this is the first full time job I've ever had.  While I enjoyed my job, the last few months have been quite challenging since the kids don't nap at the same time.  I am very excited to be able to focus solely on the family but I know that we'll have to watch our budget a little more closely.

Over the weekend we didn't do any work on the house but had a lot of fun.  Chris had his homebrew club crab feast on Saturday.  He was there most of the day and had a great time. 

While he was eating crabs and drinking beer, the kids and I went to the local homecoming parade.  Samantha was so excited to get candy!

Once we picked him up from his feast, we went to a local music festival.  It was very crowded but we had some fun and dinner. 

Sunday was my book club meeting for brunch and it was a much needed break.  After the kids naps, we went to ride paddle boats - Samantha had a great time!

The only other things going on this week were kid related.  This week's school theme was nature. 
We went on a nature scavenger hunt (Samantha chose the items to find - that's why there's a green flower and an egg).


We collected some nature items and determined whether they sink or float.  It turned into playing but I want her to be able to be a kid, get messy, and enjoy what we're doing. 


We also used some of those items to make an art project.  


We also made some "slides" with nature items to observe on the light box.


Not nature related but she's using her imagination a lot.  She found one of my nursing covers and asked me to put it on her as a baby carrier.  It's so much fun to see how her mind works!


 She's getting along well with Josh.  She still aggressively loves him but it's not as frequent (or he's getting tougher!).  


Josh's first two teeth broke through this week.  This hopefully explains his fussiness and bouts of wakefulness in the middle of the night.

I'll end with a short video of Josh playing in his exersaucer - the boy likes to jump!


No comments:

Post a Comment